Thursday, August 12, 2010

Life is (indeed) beautiful..!

Warning : Plz read further only if there's LOVE in your heart.

My 3.5 yr son was in Hospital and I could draw a lot of similarities with the Movie "Life is Beautiful" by Roberto Benigni. Insights from the movie could help me keep him occupied for 4 days . Kudos to Roberto for making such a wonderful film!!

The above lines are from a concerned father written on Roberto Benigni's wall on Facebook. Who is Roberto? He is the script-writer, actor and director of this one-hell-of-a-beautiful film (sorry, I had no other apt adjectives) called "Life is Beautiful". Unless you see this film, you wont understand the significance of the lines said above.

I wasn't just moved after watching this classic, I was just crying like a small child with tears rolling down my cheeks and my nostrils blocked. It's very hard to make a stubborn like me cry. But really, I was a child right through the movie's length. I was so moved that I couldn't control the urge to write this down right now. Means, how can one make such a beautiful movie with so much emotion filled-in with so ease? Only few persons like Roberto Benigni are capable of doing that.

First half is as romantic as it can get. You are so engrossed in the love story that you feel that this chapter should never end. So much so that you are disappointed once the love-story climaxes. But then there's something so beautiful (sorry again, I cannot think of a better adjective ) that follows....
Beautiful in it's depiction,
Beautiful in it's pacing,
Beautiful in it's simplicity,
Beautiful in it's childishness,
Beautiful in it's brutality,
Beautiful in it's emotions,
Beautiful in it's feel,
Beautiful in it's innocence,
Beautiful in it's ENTIRETY.

Here only, beautiful is the keyword, others are just add-ons. If I had to say what's so beautiful about it in one line, I would say- "How a father SHIELDS his son from the brutality of the world around using simple imaginary situations and how metaphorically and even literally the imaginary situations come to life but at a very heavy cost....."

There's only one thing though which I felt was wrong in the movie i.e In the end, there's a word used by the narrator who is the son in the film. That word is SACRIFICE. I feel there was never a sacrifice made. There's only pure unadulterated LOVE.

I wont say this is the best movie I have ever seen, but definitely, it belongs right up there- in one of my ALL-TIME-BESTs.

Please as i said earlier, get enthralled in this emotional ride of your life only if there's LOVE in your heart in abundance....

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.......
    _
    _
    _
    _
    CONDITIONS APPLY....!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Smita, Yup.. Conditions need to be applied. Coz without these conditions, the film makes no sense.. The movie isn't for the stone-hearted or for brainy guys..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really yaar, movie at its best. I watched this movie when i knew i was going to get failed the very next day in my pracs, but after watching the movie i was so 'enthusiastic' in getting failed i cudnt resist not going for pracs. (u know how an engg can be 'mood swings')
    Unfortunately i got passed. Anyways i didnt like u mentioning its not for stone-hearted or brainy people(in a sense u make US not-so-brainy, if we like the movie).
    I think its for every man to decide for himself,right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @clicked cliques, i didn't mean to say exactly that WE aren't brainy. But i had a friend sitting with me all throughout watching this movie with me, and he just kept overtly ANALYSING the movie about how some sequences in the movie aren't exactly possible. So while i was soaking in the emotions of the movie, what i got to hear from my partner is the "unnecessary" RATIONAL aspect related to the movie.. Only that is the reason why i said what i said. But really, u r right- for each his own..! (Also, what's ur real name by the way?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These things keep on happening for every concept,it's not just this movie.Even people have made obnoxious comments on Inception, ignoring them is the best response you can give them.

    ReplyDelete