Sunday, October 3, 2010

ADDICTED..!

Addiction to any goddamn thing be it cigarettes, alcohol, drugs or CRICKET is such a "kamini" thing that it makes you get out of control to such an extent that if u haven't slept for 36 hours, still u r kept wide awake as fresh as a soldier doing his routine rounds just before a big battle.

In the same way, here I am fiercely addicted to cricket sitting in a bus on my way back to Pune writing this blog just to get out of the uncomfortable zone which my own addicted mind has created. There's the physical uncomfortability which stems from the fact that my each and every body part is wholly drenched in sweat which in itself is a reason on which i'll write my next blog. But then comes the "mental uncomfortability" which can be explained arising from the following slew of reasons-

1. I had got up on Friday to witness the start of the MOTHER OF ALL CRICKET BATTLES and was expecting India to bat first. But as it always happens, u just don't get what u want desperately. Sometimes Paulo Coelho's THE UNIVERSE CONSPIRES TO FULFILL WHAT U WANT FROM THE BOTTOM OF UR HEART principle does fail.

2. Then Australia also didn't get all out on the first day.

3. So it became inevitable that Sachin will come out to bat on Sunday only with me being not there to witness the occasion of the 49th. Mind you, every time HE'll come out to bat for whatever small amount of cricket left in him, for a Sachin-addict, if he misses this, it's equal to a CRIME!

4. So I committed a crime as it was impossible for me to watch HIM today as I have come here in Mumbai travelling with my sweat out.

5. And ever since my exam finished, I am constantly online and I can't tell u how much I am controlling myself to visit cricinfo.com just coz I have decided that when I get back I will watch the HIGHLIGHTS package as if I am watching the match LIVE. I am doing this just because in highlights too I want to enjoy the AGONY and ECSTASY of every moment of HIS innings. I have no problem if HE gets out on 99 but still I want to FEEL that very moment whole-heartedly.

6. Now on top of all this, my friends and brother and even my uncle have joined together to harass me mentally that how they are witnessing even a back-foot defensive touch while I am away somewhere. They are in a way just teasing me. I have nothing against them. But i got to accept I AM INDEED GETTING HARASSED. It kills me if Sachin is batting in HIS 80s or 90s and i don't get to watch HIM. It really does.

That's the kind of effect an ADDICTION to cricket or anything else can have on a person. Sometimes like today it can be killing but most of the other times, it's a PLEASURE unmatched. A pleasure only an addicted person can feel. It's inexplicable..!

No comments:

Post a Comment